The American Red Cross has scheduled a blood drive for noon-6 p.m. Aug. 6 at Calvary Baptist Church.
Blood donation is a safe process, and people should not hesitate to give and receive blood. At each blood drive, Red Cross employees follow through extensive safety protocols, you will notice the following at your local blood drive:
• Donor education materials on COVID-19.
• Stop signs at entrances to avert ineligible donors.
• All donors will be asked to have their temperature taken. If their temperature is greater than 99.5F they will be asked to come back when healthy and will be asked to leave the drive.
• All donors will be asked to wear a mask. If you do not have one with you, one will be provided for you to wear during donation.
• Hand Sanitizer will be available at check-in, health history, and refreshment areas.
• Blood donors will be asked to use hand sanitizer prior to using tablets and laptops.
• Implementation of separated drive set up to allow as much distance as possible between donors.
• All staff members will have a temperature check before presenting to work, and they’ve been asked not to come to work if they are feeling sick.
• Staff will wear gloves throughout entire blood drive, changing gloves between each and every donor.
The Red Cross is focused on coronavirus safety measures, and will continue to work with health agencies and partners to evaluate all emerging safety and availability of the U.S. blood supply for patients in need.