Thursday• The Water and Wastewater Commission meets the fourth Thursday at 4 p.m. at the Wastewater office.
Plan ahead• Sept. 18, Gen. John Caldwell Chapter, NSDAR will meet at 10 a.m. at Ogden Memorial United Methodist Church.
• Sept. 18, at 2 p.m. a historical markers unveiling ceremony will be held at Cedar Hill Cemetery Cemetery, by the Caldwell County Historical Society.
• Sept. 19, A reading to celebrate Constitution Week will be held at 2 p.m. at Big Spring Park.
The event is sponsored by the Gen. John Caldwell Chapter, NSDAR and the Capt. William Prince Chapter, SAR. The public is invited to attend the event.
• Sept. 26, Saratoga United Methodist Church, located at 2449 State Route 293, will hold its annual homecoming celebration. Unlike in previous years, due to COVID this year’s celebration will be limited to the worship service beginning at 9:45 that morning.
• Sept. 26, 11 a.m., Creswell Baptist Church Homecoming. No meal this year.
• Sept. 28, 6 p.m., VFW Auxiliary meeting at the VFW building. Members say thank you to all who made the cake walk a success.
• Oct. 15, Medicare open enrollment begins at the Lyon County Senior Center.
(If you have an item to include in the Calendar of Events, email firstname.lastname@example.org with Calendar of Events in subject line or call 270-601-4115.