A record number of students made the University of Kentucky dean's list for the fall 2019 semester. The 7,648 students, including eight from Caldwell County, were recognized for their outstanding academic performance. Students recognized along with their major were:
• Bailee K. Taylor of Fredonia, agricultural and medical biotechnology.
• Taely Beth Freeman of Princeton, architecture.
• Elizabeth Alexis George of Princeton, human nutrition.
• Whitley G. Horning of Princeton, accounting.
• Taylor Dean McDaniels of Princeton, management.
• Parker Madison Parrent of Princeton, pre-finance.
• Seth R. Scott of Princeton, undeclared.
• Jin Hong Zheng, finance.
To make a dean's list in one of the UK colleges, a student must earn a grade point average of 3.6 or higher and must have earned 12 credits or more in that semester, excluding credits earned in pass-fail classes. Some UK colleges require a 3.5 GPA to make the dean's list.