Two defendants entered a guilty plea in Caldwell County Circuit Court on Tuesday, May 5, before Judge C.A. Woodall III.
Proceedings were as follows on the docket before Judge Woodall.
• Gavin Lee Grissom entered a guilty plea, waived PSI and was sentenced to eight years, 90 days, 12 months and 45 days respectively on first degree trafficking in a controlled substance, public intoxication on a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. Sentence is to run consecutive to any sentence now being served.
• Jason Lee Bowles entered a guilty plea to first degree possession of a controlled substance. He waived PSI and was sentenced to two years and one day. In a second case, he entered a guilty plea, waived PSI and was sentenced to two years and one day, and two years and one day, respectively, on first degree possession of methamphetamine and first degree possession of an opiate.
• David Louard Oliver Jr. was continued to May 11 in three cases.
• Calvin William Russell entered a not guilty plea and was set for a pretrial conference July 7 on theft by unlawful taking/disposition auto, $500 or more but under $10,000, receiving stolen property under $500 and receiving stolen property under $10,000.
• Tyler J. Long had a motion granted.
Suppression hearing set
• Bobby G. Spikes was set for a suppression hearing may 26 on first degree trafficking in cocaine, failure of non-owner operator to maintain required insurance and no/expired registration plates.
To enter a plea
• Colin Jackson Brasher is to enter a plea May 12 on failure to wear a seat belt, no/expired registration plates, no/expired Kentucky registration receipt, failure of non-owner operator to maintain required insurance, operating on a suspended/revoked operator’s license, first degree possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia, buy/possess.