The Princeton Police Department reported the following activity:
• At 9:58 a.m, officers responded to the jail for a complaint of an inmate that was found with contraband. Officers made contact with Joe R. Curnell, 47, of Dawson Springs and investigation revealed that he was found to be in possession of a sharp object that could be used to injure employees or other inmates. Curnell was taken into custody and charged with promoting contraband, 1st degree.
• At 7:00 a.m., officers served a Trigg County bench warrant at the jail to David L. Cooper, 35, of Princeton charging him with a probation violation for a felony Ooffense.
• At 1:48 p.m., officers responded to Highland Homes for a complaint of a resident who had pulled the fire alarm twice without there being a fire. Officers made contact with Nathan L. Crafton, 27, of Princeton and investigation revealed that he did pull the fire alarm knowing that there was not a fire. Crafton was taken into custody and charged with falsely reporting an incident. Officers also served a Daviess County Bench Warrant on Crafton charging him with failure to appear and non-payment of fines.
• At 8:15 p.m., officers responded to Caldwell County Medical Center in reference to an intoxicated subject. Officers made contact with Mickey R. Morse, 71, of Princeton and determined that he was under the influence of intoxicants. He was taken into custody and charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place.
• At 8:17 p.m., officers responded to a single vehicle injury collision near the 400 block of Dawson Road. Investigation revealed that Larry W. Cook, 40, of Princeton was traveling east on Dawson Road in a 2005 white Dodge van. Cook ran off the roadway and the vehicle came to rest in front of a residence at 403 Dawson Road. Sally Meredith, 37, of Princeton was a passenger who sustained injuries and was flown by helicopter to Vanderbilt Hospital. Cook was taken into custody and charged with driving on a DUI suspended license. Princeton Fire Department and Caldwell County EMS assisted at the scene. The collision is still under investigation.
• At 9:10 p.m., officers assisted the Pennyrile Narcotics Task Force with a drug investigation on Creswell Road. The investigation revealed that Joseph Utley, 23, of Fredonia was found to be trafficking in methamphetamine. Utley was arrested by the Task Force and charged with trafficking controlled substance, 1st degree, 1st offense over 2 Grams methamphetamine. This case remains open and additional charges are anticipated.
• At 10:21 p.m., officers served a Lyon County bench warrant at the jail to Joshua I. Fowler, 37, of Princeton charging him with failure to appear.