The Princeton Police Department reported the following activity.
• On Dec. 29, at 12:11 p.m., officers arrested Dequaz M. Glover, 26, of Princeton on a Hopkins County arrest warrant charging him with assault, fourth degree — domestic violence, strangulation, first degree, terroristic threatening third degree, and unlawful imprisonment, second degree.
• On Dec 30, at 4:33 p.m., officers responded to a single vehicle rollover collision on Hopkinsville Road near Kentucky Specialty Meats. Investigation revealed that Katrina L. Shewey, 43, of Hopkinsville, was traveling east on Hopkinsville Road and lost control in the curve by the Princeton Memorial Garden Cemetery. It was raining at the time of the collision. The vehicle went off the left side of the roadway and struck an embankment causing the vehicle to overturn. The passenger, Cayden A. McMichael, 21, of Jacksonville, Texas, was transported to Caldwell County Medical Center by Caldwell County EMS for non-life threatening injuries.
• On Dec. 31, at 5:35 a.m., officers observed a vehicle at the drive thru of Princeton Wine and Spirits with a male subject slumped over the wheel with the vehicle running. Officers made contact with Austin W. Bender, 28, of Princeton and determined that he was asleep and was under the influence of intoxicants. Further investigation led officers to find a large amount of methamphetamine and multiple items consistent with trafficking. Bender was taken into custody and charged with DUI and trafficking in controlled substance, first degree — methamphetamine greater than 2 grams.
• On Jan. 2, at 2:55 a.m., officers responded to Caldwell County Medical Center for a male subject with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Officers made contact with the victim, Joyan P. Augustine, 22, of Princeton. Augustine told officers that he was shot by an unknown black male while at a residence near the 200 block of Center Street. Detectives were notified and responded with officers to the scene. The investigation is on-going and the identity of the suspect is unknown. Anyone with information to help with the investigation can call the Princeton Police Department at 270-365-4657 or 270-365-2041.
• On Jan. 3, at 2:05 p.m., officers responded to Walmart for a complaint of an intoxicated male subject. Officers made contact with Dillon R. Phelps, 27, of Eddyville and investigation revealed that he had been shoplifting while he was in the store. Officers also discovered that Phelps was in possession of controlled substances. Phelps was taken into custody and charged with possession of controlled substance, second degree, and shoplifting.
• On Jan. 3, at 3:23 p.m., Officers responded to a complaint of a male subject bothering residents near the 100 block of Country Club Lane. Officers made contact with Steven G. Miles, 38, of Princeton, and determined that he was under the influence of intoxicants. He was also found to be in possession of prescription medication. Miles was taken into custody and charged with public intoxication and illegal possession of a legend drug.