Based on Johns Hopkins data, our country is currently on trajectory for 320,000 Covid-19 deaths by December 25, 2020.
I am appalled that our society cannot compile simple, concise information about Covid-19. There are several sources of highly credible information online. The information presented below comes from the Mayo Clinic, MIT, Harvard, CDC and WHO.
Covid-19 Basic Information:
- Symptoms can develop 2-14 days from the time of exposure — typically 5-6 days after exposure.
- Research has shown individuals are most contagious 24-48 hours before symptoms develop.
- 14-day quarantine for individuals exposed to Covid-19 (isolate at home).
- Covid-19 spread is from close contact with somebody infected (6 feet or less) or being sneezed/coughed on by somebody infected.
- It can take up to 14 days for some people infected with Covid-19 to test positive.
Recommended preventive measures: maintain a 6-foot perimeter between and wear a face mask around people not living in the same house; wash hands frequently for 20 seconds.
In addition to my graduate work at Texas A&M University, I was a medical scientist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School for two and a half years.
Save a life! Wear a mask.
William Wurts, Ph.D.