The Second Region Athletics Directors Association announced the general schedule for the region tournaments, to be played March 22-27 and March 29.
The finalists from the District 5, District 6, District 7 and District 8 tournaments played the week of March 15-20 will advance to the regional tournaments.
When all of the district tournaments have been completed, there will be a blind draw to determine the first-round opponents. District tournament runners-up will play at district champions, but not necessarily from the same district.
Caldwell County High School will host the boys’ and girls’ District 7 tournaments, which will include Dawson Springs, Hopkins Co. Central and Madisonville-North Hopkins.
The first round of both Second Region Tournaments will be played at each district champion’s home court. The boys’ semifinals and finals will be played at Madisonville-North Hopkins, while the girls’ semifinals and finals will be played at Hopkins Co. Central.
The schedules for the Second Region Tournaments are:
• March 22, 6:30 p.m., first round at district champions
• March 24, 6:30 p.m., semifinal No. 1
• March 25, 6:30 p.m., semifinal No. 2
• March 27, 6:30 p.m., championship
• March 23, 6:30 p.m., first round at district champions
• March 26, 6:30 p.m., semifinal No. 1
• March 27, 2 p.m., semifinal No. 2
• March 29, 6:30 p.m., championship
March 30 is slated as a weather makeup day.
Other district teams in boys’ and girls’ basketball in the Second Region include:
• District 5: Crittenden County, Livingston Central, Lyon County, Trigg County.
• District 6: Henderson County, Union County, Webster County.
• District 8: Christian County, Hopkinsville, University Heights Academy.