CADIZ — The Caldwell County wrestling team went 4-0 at the Trigg County Duals tournament held Saturday.
The Tigers (11-2) beat Bardstown 42-24, Hopkinsville 61-0, Warren County 30-18 and host Trigg County 55-6.
Caldwell County will next compete in the North Hardin Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
The Tigers have won their last 10 dual matches.
Caldwell County won several forfeited matchups when opponent schools did not have anyone wrestling at a given weight class.
Among the Tigers’ head-to-head winners in the duals tournament were:
• 220-pound class: Freshman Cole Sherrill beat Dontre Quarles of Hopkinsville by technical fall, 10-0.
• 195-pound class: Junior Colin Walls beat Rylan Lyvers of Bardstown by fall and beat Joseph Gray of Hopkinsville by fall.
• 160-pound class: Senior John Paredes beat John Young of Bardstown by fall, beat Jordan Unger of Hopkinsville by fall, beat Jack Lingenfelter of Trigg County by major decision 12-0 and beat Jaden Collins of Warren Central by technical fall 20-5.
• 145-pound class: Junior Ethan Newsom beat Caleb Shull of Hopkinsville by fall.
• 138-pound class: Newsom beat Karsyn Schmitt of Bardstown by fall and Makenna Hendricks of Trigg County by fall.
• 132-pound class: Junior Riley Johnson beat Ronald McGee of Hopkinsville by fall and beat Tyler Jacobs of Trigg County by fall; sophomore Cofy Walls beat Kayden Echols of Warren Central by fall.
• 126-pound class: Cofy Walls beat Timmy Cannon of Trigg County by decision 4-3.
• 120-pound class: Freshman Timothy Nichols beat Kevontre Young of Hopkinsville by fall and beat Andrew Wilson of Trigg County by fall.
• 113-pound class: Sophomore Collin Teutsch beat Holden Schneider of Hopkinsville by fall.
• 106-pound class: Eighth-grader Logan Brown beat Trushawn Matt of Hopkinsville by decision 9-3 and beat Lily Hill of Trigg County by fall.